Some of my Bridal Shots


My Sweet Dad (I sure love him)

My Cute Mom


David & My first picture walking outside the temple (I think we look sooo happy)

The typical photos





Our Reception (a Christmas theme)





All my nephews and niece at the time (we have many more now) (Dillon is in the suit, he died last year at age 17 of a tragic accident)

Our Wedding Party

The Whitney Family (at the time)
After a short engagement of less than four weeks, our wedding day arrived. It was a cold December day. We were married at 2:20 p.m. in the Salt Lake Temple on December 27, 1996. The temple is only opened two days during Christmas for weddings only. There were over 120 weddings that day, us being number 71. It was great having the wedding in the afternoon. I was able to sleep in and then go have my hair and nails done. It was so relaxing. David and I arrived at the temple early (of course, I can't do anything unless I am way early). Because we were early, they had us get dressed and put us in the Celestrial Room for an hour while we waited our turn. What a great experience. We just sat there and talked and enjoyed the time together. It gave us a glimpse of what was to come and how our marriage would be an eternal one. The wedding ceremony was great. I loved looking around the sealing room and seeing my parents, my brother, Shon and his wife, Shelly, my Aunt Pam and all of the other family members that came to support us. It was also great to have David's family there and to realize that families are truly forever. I do not remember what President Cannon (that is who married us) said. I was just preoccupied with the spirit and the joy I was experiencing. I was not nervous or scared, only excited knowing I was marrying my best friend. After the ceremony David and I went outside the temple and had our pictures taken (no one followed us around because it was too dang cold). After the pictures we had to go right to the reception. When I tried on my wedding dress I never thought to try and sit down in it. So, David's parents ran and got their car and I went to get in still in my dress because we were late and had to get to our reception, and realized I couldn't sit so I had to kind of stand or lay across the seat as best I could (I am sure I looked pretty funny). I highly recommend the time table we had. It was great. We had a great reception. I loved my wedding day. I loved everything about it. In fact, I often tell David I want another wedding. He just says, "sorry."
2 comments:
I love all the photos, especially the bridal shots! I so wish I had some bridal shots of my own. You two do look so happy!
thanks for sharing those, it is always so fun to look back on pictures, you both look so happy! tell david i want to see him jump that high and click his heels next time i see him at church!
Post a Comment