I have a bunch of thoughts running through my head. I decided I needed to write them down. You do not need to read this, but if you choose, know that I am voicing my opinions. I do not apologize for my thoughts. So, proceed at your own risk, you may have different views than I do and may be offended.
I was raised by parents who were very patriotic. I was raised to stand at attention when the flag went by. I was taught to love this country and to love those who sacrificed for our freedoms. I was taught that voting was not an option, a privilege or a right. Voting was a duty. Men and women died to give us that right. Voting was every americans duty and I was taught if you did not vote you had no right to complain about our country (or live in it for that matter). I am a little rusty when it comes to what I learned in school. I do remember that America was founded by christians who wanted religious freedom to worship God as they pleased. I find it ironic that our "new" president is not even a christian. I feel a real battle going on. The battle between good and evil. I know that in the end good will win the war, but right now I feel that evil is winning the battle. I don't know how people could vote for a man who is against everything good. A man who supports abortion, gay marriages and so much more evil. It is now time for christian people everywhere to stop sitting on the sidelines and to start making a stand. I feel sad for my children when I think of their future. I now know that I need to make a stand and not worry about stepping on toes. I need to be fearless as the Army or Helamen were. I was taught by great parents what is right and what is wrong. I do believe our new president is wrong. I have a right as an american to voice my opinion. I hope the next four years he will not be able to do too much damage, but I know that things will get worse before they get better. I love my country and I love my Savior who died so that I could live again. I love the men and women who sacrifice their lives so that I can live in a free country. It is time to stand united and let our voices be heard. The majority (who I believe is now the minority) needs to stand up and be heard. A poem was sent to me written by a 15 year old in Arizona. They sum it all up. If we do not stand up and be heard it will just get worse.
New School Prayer:
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone it no faith at all.
In silence alone we must mediate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks. .
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
The quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong.
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires, and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen.
I remember in the early 1990s. My mom worked for an attorney who was the attorney for the Salt Lake School District. At the end of graduation each year at West High School the senior class would sing God Be With You Until We Meet Again. Well one student decided it was offensive and sued the district. The district lost the lawsuit and the students were told they could not sing the song at graduation. Those awesome students all stood up in unison at the end of their graduation and sang the song anyway loud and proud. I hope that we as christians will stand as those students did and sing loud and proud.
On a lighter note. This is a video of Emmy. One day she was laying there making angels on the carpet. We didn't even know she knew what snow angels were.



3 comments:
Isn't it funny that we have freedom of speech in the country, unless it includes God. I pray the day never comes that this country completely forgets their God.
i love the story about the song at graduation! good for them!'God bless America' but don't acknowlege Him in ANY way (its ridiculous!)
I love the toy angel and the new pictures!! Cute family! Hey, I just wanted to let you kow I've changed my blog address to http://www.ourlivesonmyblog.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment