1998 was another great year. David was in his second year at BYU in the graduate program. He was working towards his Ph.D in Chemistry. I remained working at Nu Skin. We loved being together and spending time with our dog, Yeechee. Okay, I know can anyone have more pictures of a dog than us, probably not. We have a whole photo album of her. Lets face it, she was our baby and she went everywhere, I mean everywhere with us.

This is our backyard before we put our yard in. What a mud bath it was during winter.

Yeechee liked to lay in our bed in between the pillows.

She loved to go with us everywhere. One day we were loading up to go to St. George and she had already jumped in.

This was our visit to St. George to see John, David's brother. He had just returned from his mission. I did not meet him until David and I had been married for 18 months. We met shortly after he left.

There's our cute family roller blading in St. George. We would have Yeechee pull us, it was lots of fun. St. George was only 2 1/2 hours away from us in Spanish Fork and was a great place to get away for the weekends and to see David's parents.

We also loved going to the cabin with my parents. This was our last trip. They sold the cabin after this. We were very sad.

Yeechee loved to swim.
Okay, so if you saw the movie RV, they stole the whole idea from us. Let me tell you. My dad's side of the family decided to have a reunion in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. My mom thought it would be a great idea to rent a RV and have us all go together. My dad and mom, David, me and Yeechee, my druggie brother Destry and his 7 years son Dillon, and my crazy Aunt Sylvia all loaded up and headed for Colorado. Yea! We were not on the rode for more than an hour when the RV started to smell like poop. We pulled over to a RV dump site and unloaded the poop (the people before did not do it). Gross. For some reason that did not solve the problem. We had to stop and keep trying to dump it. It smelled most of the 9 hours there. My brother started complaining because David was allowed to drive and he was not. My mom feeling bad decided to let Destry drive. He starts off and takes a corner at about 40 mph, knocking everything off the selves including a latter which cut my Aunts head open (a little). She freaked out. A 2 year old would have acted better. We finally made it and a nice cousin of mine let David and I borrow a tent so we could have some time without so much family. Thats not the end. All the way home we could only drive about 15 mph. Something was wrong with the dumb thing and we couldn't get it to go any faster. Talk about a long trip. Dawson keeps telling us he wants us to rent an RV and go on a family trip. David says when you know what freezes over. The actual reunion was a lot of fun. Colorado is a beautiful place.
My dad driving the RV (I promise it is Root Beer)

David with Yeechee (David's face says it all)

On the water slide in Colorado
In the beginning of 1998 David and I decided it was time to start a family (other than yeechee). Every month came and went with no luck. I highly recommend time alone in the woods of Colorado if you are trying to conceive. Two weeks after our trip to Colorado, the test came back positive.

My brother Shon and his family lived overseas in Taiwan. They were able to visit twice a year. This was one of their visits. We always loved when they came.
On my mission a lady did this string test where they put a string over your wrist and it tells you how many kids you will have, the gender and the order. She swore it worked and it was full proof. I was told I would have a girl first. I was so sure we were going to have a girl. Surprise, Surprise, black magic doesn't work. A boy for us. I just laughed and was so excited.
On my mission a lady did this string test where they put a string over your wrist and it tells you how many kids you will have, the gender and the order. She swore it worked and it was full proof. I was told I would have a girl first. I was so sure we were going to have a girl. Surprise, Surprise, black magic doesn't work. A boy for us. I just laughed and was so excited. 



David setting our crib up

Thanksgiving family photo
Okay if you ever want to on vacation, don't go with my parents. They are cursed. Bad things always happen to them. They went to go on their first cruise, and the plane was delayed over 24 hours and they missed their boat. Every time they travel something happens to them. It reminds me of the old movie called The Outer Towners. Funny movie. It is their life story every time they travel. At least they have a great sense of humor. For Christmas we decided to go with my parents to Pittsburgh to visit my Aunt Pam and Uncle Charlie and to see my Grandpa. We got to the airport and got checked in (even Yeechee came and got checked into the luggage area). The plane was delayed, of course. We finally got on and were on our way, but then Pittsburgh was having severe weather conditions and the plan could not land so we ended up in Philadelphia. They are not close. It was 10:00 at night we started at 6:00 a.m. that morning. We had to rent a car and drive 6 hours in a snow storm over mountains. Our luggage did not arrive, but at least Yeechee did. We had her groomed for the first time and they sprayed this gross smelling perfume on her. We were stuck in the car with this gross smelling dog in stressed out conditions. We finally made it to Pittsburgh at 4:00 a.m. What a day and night. If my parents were not with us everything would have gone without a hitch. It is their curse. Once we arrived we had a great Christmas and a great visit. My aunt and uncle are always great hosts and we love to visit.

These are pictures I scanned from our scrapebook

Our second wedding anniversary was when we were in Pittsburgh. Charlie and Pam let us take their convertible BMW to a local Bed and Breakfast for the night. It was a lot of fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment