Friday, February 6, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

My mom is my best friend. I was the only daughter and we have always had a really strong bond. She can make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts. We have had some of the greatest adventures together. She was my Young Women's advisor all through Young Womens. She was my softball couch, and supported me in everything. She held me when I cried and fixed my broken hearts. She taught me how to work hard. She is a strong and determined woman. She taught me to always fight for what you want and never give up. She gave me the confidence to accomplish my dreams and taught me to dream big. She has a heart defect which never stopped her. She beat stomach cancer and is the strongest woman I know. I only hope that I am half the women she is. She loves her children and grandchildren above all else. She is a great Nana. She always plays with her grandchildren. We often tease her and tell her she would jump off a bridge if they asked her to. We will find her looking for anything around the house to help Dawson with his art projects (they made a plinko board - Price Is Right game). I love her and miss her tremendously. I look forward to the day we can just chat together again. Happy Birthday Mom, I love you!

My Beautiful Mom at 18

In the Mountains With Her Grandkids

Dawson's Blessing Day

Dawson & Nana playing (they have a great bond together)

Nana with the girls

She walked in the parade with them

Swimming with her grandkids

My Beautiful Mom Now

1 comment:

Cari Florence said...

Oh I love your mom! What a great tribute to her :)