Friday, January 16, 2009

Lazy Daze!

I have really enjoyed this blogging thing. I can read up on my cousin's lives and see their cute families. Most of my cousins I haven't seen for years. I love reading my friends blogs and connecting with them in new ways. I have learned my neighbors have the same struggles I do, even when I am feeling so alone. Its amazing to me how rewarding and how hard being a Mom really is. I don't want to be anything else, but there are days when I really struggle. Satan is so clever in going after moms. There is nothing that holds a family together more than a mom.  I am thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home and am trying to be more patient and more loving. I want to thank my friend for her blog who reminded me of the importance of loving and treating those closest to us with love and respect. Thank you Rachel.

I love lazy Sunday afternoons. We do not allow the TV on in our home on Sundays until after 6:00 pm. It brings a peacefulness and a closeness we don't experience any other day. The kids are forced to find other activities or actually play together. I love Sundays!


October playing games on the computer (they were not around when I was her age)

David & Emmy Sleeping (my favorite Sunday activity)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey you. Thanks for the shout out. That post was really for me, mainly. I'm still glad everyone else can learn from my mistakes though. I love this blogging thing too. We missed you at gymnastics the other day. Also, thank you sooooooo much for the b-day present!! That cupcake place happens to be my favorite hangout.. girls night out.. what do you think?